Wednesday, December 13, 2006

THE WRITER

Autobiographical?
Maybe - you decide - I couldn't possibly comment.

All her life she had wanted to be a writer but because she was lazy and such a very bad typist, she’d never fulfilled her ambitions. She just couldn’t face all that rubbing out or re-typing. Then she got a computer.
Actually, all she had really wanted was a glorified typewriter, and she was terrified of the thing to begin with. However, she soon found she was able to play games on it and enjoyed these up to a point. Unfortunately, she eventually became bored with the games that were already installed and went in search of better ones.
She didn’t like war games or football, or, indeed, any sports games at all, so she was a bit puzzled as to what to get to amuse herself. Then she saw it.
A CD of various games of patience.
Brilliant!
She’d always loved playing cards and she rushed home with the CD, installed it on the machine, and began to play.
That was many years ago. She’s still not a writer, but she’s an expert at patience.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 pm , Blogger pens-myth said...

Not sure about the cards bit, but the writing's not bad!

 
At 11:20 pm , Blogger Joanna said...

Since you left such a very kind message on my little blog, I will do the same for you! It's so nice to 'meet' like-minded people who understand what it is to be a writer! I will bookmark your blog and if you like we can link to each others? (It's one way of increasing traffic! keep up the good work :)

 
At 11:49 pm , Blogger RUTH said...

Thanks for the visit. Hope you'll come back again. There's been a lot of hassle with blgger lately and not often I find a blog I can leave a comment on the last couple of days. Perhaps i should have stuck to "Patience" instead of blogging. (LOL)I wont know till I hit publish whether I'll be lucky here or not! Like you writing. Lots of varied topics.

 
At 11:54 pm , Blogger RUTH said...

P.S. So concerned whether I would be able to publish my comment I didn't even think to check spelling, missed key strokes or grammar. Trust me to leave a badly written comment on a WRITERS blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home