Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ravings

As I get older I find I get more and more irritated with things. Anything here you recognise?

RAVINGS OF A GRUMPY
OLD WOMAN

Inconsequential prattle
Is quite enough to rattle
My equilibrium

The biscuits in their packet
That needs an axe to crack it
And turns them into crumb,

People who burst out singing
And set my eardrums ringing
As tuneless tunes they hum,

Those who, drinking, slurp their tea
And chew, open-mouthed at me
All make my nerve ends thrum.

The stupid man who dithers
While driving gives me shivers,
Send him to Kingdom Come!

The silly chit who giggles
At nothing really niggles;
I itch to smack her bum.

The racist and the bigot
Both make me blow a spigot.
I think of them as scum!

I’ve little toleration,
But I’ve had my peroration
So now I will keep schtum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home